Serba offers the best solutions in the operation and maintenance of all types of installations. Examples of which include those in thermal power plants, cogeneration plants, water treatment facilities, LNG plants (both regasification and liquefaction), wind parks, waste treatment facilities, hydroelectric plants, combined cycles, diesel plants as well as industrial installations.
Together with Soluziona, Serba O&M offers a wide range of services, from consulting services right down to the provision of full O&M.
SERBA can improve process efficiency, reduce maintenance costs and energy consumption,
as well as dramatically extend equipment life.
Through our services, we can provide process efficiency, reduce maintenance costs and energy consumption, as well as dramatically extend equipment life for your plant.
Maintenance services may be either preventive or predictive, may be performed on routine, scheduled or unscheduled, and are aimed at preventing equipment failure or decline. All of our maintenance services are focused on increasing safety as well as the efficiency and safety of your plants.
Our advanced management portfolio incorporates the following:
- Comprehensive asset management
- Effective management systems
- Best-practice operational procedures
- Balanced proactive / preventive maintenance planning
- Detailed O&M report structures
- Continuous improvement processes
Serba encourages a close working relationship with our clients and we actively emphasize the importance of sharing management systems, operational techniques,, resources and techniques.
Our areas of expertise include:
1. Total Engineering and Maintenance (TEAM) for Rotating Equipment
TEAM is a Serba trademark, which combines human resources, tools, proven techniques, products and software developed through years of in-house R&D and experience to provide improved reliability, efficiency and availability to our clients.
Specializing in rotating equipment, the following are provided under our TEAM package:
i) Turbomachinery installation and commissioning services
ii) Field overhaul services
iii) Workshop repairs
iv) Multi-OEM services
SERBA also provides:
- Quality auditing services during the commissioning of turbomachinery, and during the shutdowns and startups involved in turnarounds. These services include Dynamic Design Verification (DDV), and incorporate advanced engineering techniques, namely the operating deflection shape analysis, modal analysis, and finite element analysis.
- In-situ field vibration analyses or the troubleshooting of machinery problems.
- In-situ balancing services for all kinds of rotating equipment.
- Oil analyses
- Infrared thermography services:
- The supply and application of high performance reinforced coatings and linings.
2. Total Inspection and Repair Services for Boilers/Unfired Pressure Vessels (UPV)
Serba's TEAM provides total inspection and repair services on boilers/UPV, which include:
- The preparation of WPS/PQR for the respective types of materials for boilers, tubes, plates and so on. This service has been certified by the ASME code for welders.
- Carrying out total inspections of boilers/UPV and producing repair methods based on the ASME code of practice. We ensure that our services always incorporate elements of safety, health and the environment.
- Our teams conduct discussions with clients to ensure the full understanding of both parties so as to avoid flaws in the execution. We also use the latest state-of-the-art technology and equipment to ensure efficiency.
- Liaising with established and recognized institutions to approve of and witness the repair work we do, and to conduct other necessary tests in accordance with the ASME code of conduct or any other equivalent.
- Carrying out chemical cleaning to remove scaling and to avoid potential SCC failure.
- Carrying out refractory repairs and modifications to eliminate heat leakage and to improve equipment efficiency.
- Troubleshooting boiler or 'steam generator' performance related problems and developing as well as implementing the Risk Base Inspection (RBI) program to ensure the continuous reliability of the equipment and that their performance meets world class standards.
Base Inspection (RBI) Program to ensure continuous reliability of the equipment
is assured and performing to world class standards.
3. Controls and Instrumentation (C&I) Services
Serba's C&I team provides services focused on total plant systems, seeing as controls and instrumentation play vital roles in ensuring the continuous trouble-free operation of plants. In order to ensure the plant's operation is not disrupted, a reliable maintenance program has to be carried out by professionals. Serba's highly qualified C&I team offers the following services and support package solutions to our clients:
- Design and Development
- Total Maintenance in Controls and Instrumentation
Our C&I team provides total maintenance services for potential clients during their planned or unplanned plant shutdowns or even during daily routine maintenance. Serba is able to provide any required spare parts at competitive prices through our global purchasing networks. This service includes:
Troubleshooting and Consultancy Services
- The provision of field instruments inclusive of transmitters, process switches, protection and safeguard instrument systems, process indicators/gauges, analyzers, chromatographers, and process controllers like loop tests, verifications and recalibrations to ensure functionality.
- Turbomachinery protection system monitoring comprising eddy current probes, vibration pick-ups, indication panels, temperature sensors and detectors like loop tests, verifications and recalibration to ensure functionality.
- Control valves and their accessories regardless of their brand. This service may be based onsite or at a workshop and includes overhauling, repairing, testing and recalibration so as to ensure functionality.
- Equipped with much hands-on experience, Serba's TEAM is able to carryout analytical investigations of failure in controls and instrumentation. We also provide both on- as well as offsite training on a practical approach to troubleshooting problems, as well as other programs that can be tailored to our clients' requirements.